The Healthwise KnowledgeBase is accredited by URAC for high-quality content, is the featured content on WebMD, and is also licensed by Kaiser Permanente, MSN, the MIT Healthcare System, and numerous other well-known organizations.
The KnowledgeBase content is:
- Easy to understand – Written at a 7th-grade reading level for patients and free of heavy medical jargon
- Decision-Focused – Written specifically to help patients make better decisions
- Reputable – The sources of the information are from peer-reviewed medical journals and other highly reputable sources
- Evidence-based – Where the data exists, information is evidence-based
- Referenced – Clearly references the sources from which the information is derived
- Up to date – All articles list dates telling when the information was last updated; the entire Knowledgebase is fully reviewed every two years. Updates are released every three months.
- Free from commercial bias – None of the information development was funded by a commercially interested party