Omedix is Certified for Meaningful Use
Omedix Patient Portal is a certified EHR Module and works together with your certified EHR software to help you meet Meaningful Use (MU) attestation. Omedix PortalPlus™ is certified for the following Stage 1 measures:
- 170.304(f) electronic Copy of Health Information – Allow patients to instantly obtain a human-readable and electronic copy of their health information, including diagnostic test results, problem list, medication list and medication allergy list.
- 170.304(g) Timely Access – Make patient health information available online within four business days of the information becoming available to the provider.
We're Ready to Help You Meet MU Stage 2
Implementation of Stage 2 Meaningful Use began on January 1, 2014, so now is the time to start preparing for those additional requirements. As a dedicated patient engagement vendor, Omedix is committed to meeting and exceeding all patient engagement requirements of Meaningful Use.
MU Stage 2 Has Utilization Requirements
Stage 2 not only requires that a Patient Portal be in place, it also sets out specific standards to demonstrate that the portal is being used by both provider and a substantial number of patients. Omedix PortalPlus™ together with other solutions as part of the Omedix Engage Suite provides the tools needed to meet the following utilization requirements of MU Stage 2:
- Eligible Professionals (providers) must assure that at least 5% of their patients view or download their medical records online.
- At least 5% of patients must send at least one secure message.
- At least 10% of patients must be provided with a reminder via text message, email or voice for preventative or follow-up care.
All patient engagement measures are now core measures.
Omedix Works With You to Achieve Utilization
To help our clients reach the utilization requirements for MU Stage 2 attestation (and reimbursement) as quickly as possible, Omedix offers specialized support where we analyze utilization patterns and propose customized strategies for involving more of your patients with Omedix PortalPlus™ To learn more, Contact Us today.
Date of Certification:
January 23, 2014
Drummond Group Inc.
CHPL Product Number:
Modular EHR (Ambulatory)
170.302(o) Access control
170.302(p) Emergency access
170.302(q) Automatic log-off
170.302(r) Audit log
170.302(u) General Encryption
170.302(v) Encryption when exchanging electronic health information
170.304(f) Electronic copy of health information
170.304(g) Timely Access
Additional Software Used:
Omedix Patient Portal 3.0
(No Clinical Quality Measures Tested)
This EHR Module is 2014 Edition compliant and has been certified by an ONC-ACB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or guarantee the receipt of incentive payments.
Cost and Limitations
This certified product version may require “one-time” costs to establish the integration with other EHR technologies and patient portal configuration including workflows, requests and users. In addition, this certified product version will require ongoing monthly costs to support the Omedix Patient Portal. Both of these costs will be in addition to any costs associated with other required certified EHR modules. There are no contractual or technical limitations.